This X-ray image of the Sun was taken by the SXI instrument
oboard GOES-12 on September 7, 2001 at 21:04:25 Universal
- Scale: The color scale along
the left side of this image is detected photons/second/pixel.
- GOES-12: The satellite platform
- Level-1: Indicates that this
is a processed image.
- 871: Indicates which suite
of image exposure setting was used.
- OPEN: Indicates that no filter
was in place when the image was taken.
- 1.000s: Is the exposure time
- 585V: Is a gain level in volts,
this is set to optimize image quality.